I find breaking the ice is tough when talking to strangers. I’m always that awkward penguin who doesn’t know how to initiate conversations. Therefore over the past year, I’ve curated a list of the finest premeditated questions to ask anyone to get the conversation going. I haven’t tested them out though, so you’ll have to let me know how they work out. I’ll give them a try too if they garner positive feedback!
- If you were a Jeopardy contestant, what would your story be when Alex Trebek introduces you to the audience?
- You were just signed to play for the Boston Red Sox. You’re batting fourth in the lineup in tomorrow’s home game against the Yankees. What is your walkup song?
- I was just hoping you might give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the southern colonies. My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could most aptly be characterized as agrarian pre-capitalist. (Good Will Hunting, 1997)
- If you had a black trench coat full of sketchy things to sell, like they do in cartoons, what would you be selling?
- If you could be a connoisseur of water or air, what would you pick?
- In the upcoming talent show next week, what is your act going to be?
- Rock, paper, or scissor?
- What are some fun things the oldest notes in your phone say? That’s what I do to create many of my posts including this one!
Disclaimer: Many of these ice breakers are jokes. I have a dry sense of humor, and many people can’t tell if I’m serious or not.
2 thoughts on “Breaking the Ice”
The moment I have been waiting for since November! While funny (I enjoy your dry humor), some of these are actually good conversation starters. I have definitely ruminated over what my jeopardy story or my walk up song would be before.
Thank you for your kind words IV! I still don’t have a good answer for my jeopardy story, but Hells Bells by AC/DC would be my walkup song. Super original, I know
LikeLiked by 1 person